View Single Post
Old August 22, 2016   #37
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

I have only grown garlic one time, this year. I have no knowledge of virus issues in it so if this is a big deal and there is some way to tell, please do tell. I am not placing another order for German White garlic this year over the internet when I have large 3" bulbs that I bought locally and was able to see and pick out myself without paying for shipping. If I don't get good results I will certainly revisit Filarees and Getgarlic.com. I noted the recommendations and do appreciate them. If I order that way in the future, however, given the expense I suspect it will only be if I can do it very early and get the choice bulbs, especially since I can't see what I am buying in advance.

While I would like to get larger and more consistently sized bulbs, call me crazy but I would also like a little more storage time, even if it means some smaller bulbs. I don't feel limited to and either/or situation. I could plant some that would give me larger more consistent bulbs and also plant a few that store longer, even if they are smaller, which I could use when the others are no longer usable. If I got garlic crazy I might even plant 3 varieties just so I could see what does best for me.+
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote