Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 15, 2010   #1
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

Default Seeds from This Company

Does anyone have experience with Hazzard's Wholesale Seed Store???
Good or Bad - Horror stories???

Thanks
Dennis
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2010   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbigfish View Post
Does anyone have experience with Hazzard's Wholesale Seed Store???
Good or Bad - Horror stories???

Thanks
Dennis
Dennis, I know you're posting this b'c someone else at GW wanted to buy bulk amounts of seeds from this company to be used for seed trading and perhaps you do as well.

You saw what I wrote over there which was very short, which referred to this way of going about seed trading and I also said I'd wait to see what others had to say about buying seeds in bulk to trade with. Since the person just posted that there hasn't been any chance for others to comment.

I wonder if you've checked the Daves Garden ratings of companies to see if they list it and what the results might be. Since it was said to be wholesale but some seeds were sold retail I donj't know if they'd list it at DG but it might be worth looking/

And I'm thinking right now that this thread belongs in the seed source Forum, but I'm just too darn lazy and tired to move it.
Old February 15, 2010   #3
mtbigfish
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn
Yes I have been trying to find someone as you mentioned and have a posting under general discussions Bulk Seed Sharing - I used to have a friend like you have in the past that shared/split seeds with me - that was our way to get more seed varieties as we didn't have much room for seed saving purity - well since he moved I have bought few seeds and have bought plants at various places in So Cal OC but quality has dropped off (and less varieties available) - I decided to grow all from seeds again like in the past but it takes a few $ and time to build back a seed library - as you know

I am trying to get a few people to do this with and since the person on GW mentioned wanting to do the same thing I jumped at the chance
I haven't been on GW as often since Ami introduced me here to tomatoville
I posted on the company just for that reason as I don't know them from my past experiences

Thanks
Dennis
mtbigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2010   #4
hmacdona
Tomatovillian™

I have bought from Hazzard's a few times and have always had good results. The only exception was "yellow pear" tomato I bought a few years ago. It didn't grow true to type, but who cares right ?
hmacdona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2010   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Dennis, you've probably seen from the many posts in the thread at GW started by the other person that he hss decided NOT to go ahead with that and I think some made many excellent points.

There was really little need for me to post in that thread b'c the underlying concern was use of purchased seeds for trading purposes and I do have strong concerns about myself that as you know.

Of course you're free to do whatever you want to but do read those comments at GW first.