Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 30, 2017   #1
Hudson_WY
Tomatovillian™

Default Brandywine Cowlicks

I decided to compare Brandywine Sudduth, Brandywine Cowlicks and Brandy Boy this year in our GH. I already have a thread on BW Sudduth and Brandy Boy so here is a thread from our experience with BW Cowlicks that we are growing for the first time this year. A Tomatoville member was kind enough to send me some BW Cowlicks seeds from Tatiana's Tomato Base (who sent them - I forgot and need to say "Thanks"!). I planted all three varieties the same day and I am taking care of them in the same way - they are planted side by side.

Here are some photos of BW Cowlicks as they look today. They look identical in plant size and trusses per plant as Brandy Boy but Brandy Boy has more blossoms per truss. The Brandy Boys and BW Cowlicks plants are a bit larger at this point than the BW Sudduth. We have fruit set on Brandy Boy and Cowlicks but not Sudduth as of yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7e3kNWIcTdaTGMOl1MjBXA_thumb_6b02.jpg (376.9 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg liPqAuuDTT2ofvaQFG0zrg_thumb_6afd.jpg (284.8 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg 9IeFXNj7Q0m8iluBCaktEw_thumb_6afe.jpg (203.8 KB, 431 views)
File Type: jpg 9ZoN3omSRjGwanHcIwAoew_thumb_6afb.jpg (275.8 KB, 432 views)

Last edited by Hudson_WY; April 30, 2017 at 11:18 AM.
Hudson_WY is offline   Reply With Quote