Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 11, 2007   #1
Kopetie
Tomatovillian™

Default Please help diagnose these babies..

Please help with these two plants. I have picked the worst leaves and taken a photo for you to see. I tried the Problem solver, but they all look the same to me.

Both plants have stunted growth and some leaf curl. I have sprayed with Daconil.

I'm afraid of TSWV spreading through my little tomato bed. Am I jumping the gun?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supersonic.jpg (264.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg german_johnson.jpg (355.8 KB, 32 views)
Kopetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2007   #2
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

In your first picture, I see some spots near the leaf tip that may be TSWV, but toward the base of the leaf, I see the dark veins more than spots. So that one is a maybe. In the second picture, the vertical one, I see no sign of TSWV. Sorry I can't be more sure than that.
Old June 11, 2007   #3
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

The second looks like classic Early Blight to me, which Daconil will prevent further outbreaks.

The first picture certainly looks foreboding but I simply do not have enough experience to say if that's a nutrient deficiency, some other causal factor, or in fact TSWV. I don't see anything in that first picture that excludes TSWV. The purplish color of the blemishes is disturbing.

I'll say keep a CLOSE eye on that plant. If you see that condition spread to all the leaves within a day or two, I'd probably panic and pull the plant. But I'd hate for you to do that and then find out it was really something easily fixable.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote