Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old February 24, 2013   #1
bigmeanmamma
Tomatovillian™

Default Please help! Yellow spots on Early Girls

Hi, this is the first time I've stared a thread. I don't want to bug everybody but now I cannot figure out what is going on with my Early Girl tomatoes. I've searched the interned and of course tomatoville.

The closest thing I thought might be the cause was Tobacco Mosaic Virus but I'm not quite sure.

They are about 4 weeks old and have only been indoors under grow lights. The medium is metro-mix. The seeds were leftover from a packet I used last year so I don't think its a disease from seed. Two days ago I sprayed them with a half diluted solution of Sea Rich.

I have a few hundred heirlooms started that I need to protect from this.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg early girl 005.jpg (461.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg early girl 010.jpg (219.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg early girl 011.jpg (207.1 KB, 39 views)
bigmeanmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2013   #2
Torquill
Tomatovillian™

Have a look at the more recent thread by Skaggydog, "Purple leaves w/ spots"; it looks similar. The general feeling over there seems to be that it might be a touch of powdery mildew, which would cause the vague yellow patches on the upper surface. The purple undersides are more of a concern, as it suggests stress (either cold or pH issues).

Hope that helps.

--Alison