Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23, 2009   #28
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald51 View Post
I would have felt better if my check had cleared the bank. I'm in the dark zone not knowing anything about my order. Heck, for all I know, my order got lost in the mail along with the check.

I guess that I just feel more comfortable with Pay Pal with instant order confirmation and a email from the shipper that my order has been received. Then another one that it has been shipped.

I need to start my seed by the end of the month. If something has gone wrong with my order I'm screwed!!

Gerald
I do think that Glenn has made it quite clear in the catalog and at the website that they aren't a "fast Food" place, to use his words.

And I don't think they deposit checks until the order is shipped.

And as Duane said, it's worth the wait. Yes, sometimes they run behind as to filling orders, that's true, but that doesn't bother me or many others.

I could e-mail Linda, who is a good friend and wife of Glenn, and ask her how far behind they're running right now but I'm not going to do that b'c I know how busy she is this time of year.

And one of the reasons they're so busy is that each year more and more folks discovoer what a treasure Sandhill really is and thus more orders.

And I do know that they have extra folks who are helping out with filling orders.

I hope that helps, from one who runs the other way when it comes to shopping basket places and e-mails confirming this or that and shipping confirmations and for sure Paypal.
But that's just me and I know I have company in that regard.

Next year why not consider getting your order in in late Fall so it will processed earlier when they start filling seed orders in early January although I think there's a good chance you'll get your seeds in time for sowing this year.

Just as I noted with my seed offer here, now closed, when request envelopes come in I file them by the date sent to compensate for geographic distances and I don't pay attention to whether or not someone is from Alaska or
deep in the heart of TX" to be fair to all who participate.