Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7, 2006   #1
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Salsa Ingredients

I finely sliced and then mashed some of this bunch, add the two orange chillies diced, which are of the C. Baccatum family, a pinch of cummin, sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper, fresh lime juice, dash of malt vinegar, offset with sugar. Let it rest for an hour. Oooh, what a nice salsa. The hot peppers are so prolific for me in this first ever year of growing them.

Question: this C. Bacc. had some number attached to it, like a batch number of something, but I note most of the posts here refer to common names. Is it just that there are so many that they haven't all got common names? Does this look like one you've grown with a common name? I search Craig's pics and it almost looks like Datil. Though I don't think it is a C.Bacc.

Anyway, I'll post a pic of a mystery chilli yet to ripen that I also have growing froma seedling sent to me froim Patrina. It's doubly interesting

A plate of nice colours: Grub's Mystery Green back, some (orange) Jaune Flamees, a lone Jaune Negib and two of PP's chillies. HOT!!!

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote