Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31, 2006   #1
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Default Confounded Armadillos!!!!!!!

No sooner than I move to my new place and manage to leave the grasshoppers behind, then I get plagued with Armadillos.

I blamed poor old BOO BOO for digging up the few maters I had left when I find out Armadillos did it.
I saw their handy work in my neighbors yard yesterday and last night they gave me another visit.
I just spent about $180 on 70 caladiums 10 elephant ears 43 rosemary plants, (three different kinds)
My neighbor lady friend form Maine. (She lives close to where I used to live) brought me over some spider lilies and other nice plants plus some homegrown tomatoes from her garden to boot.
I have worked my fanny off trying to make this place look respectable and all of the plants are doing great, (kind words from all the folks around here already.)

If that Armadillo keeps up his midnight snacks there will be possum on the half shell served at the Doss table soon.

((((((Unless you guys know of any non-lethal remedies for this rascal.))))))

I have a policy not to kill anything I don’t eat and I don’t feel like lieing to my wife about what it is she is eating.
I have eaten the things before and they are tasty to say the least, just hard to get the shell off compared to rabbit or squirrel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote