Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3, 2006   #1
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Default growing under glass

For those of you that want to try a bit of D.I.Y. the very best greenhouse I have ever come accross in all aspects is the detailed plans in the book ( Organic Tomatoes-the inside story) by-Terry Marshall.

The designs incorperate a scientific approach to the angles of the sun on the glass at different times of the day-to give maximum light and heat to the plants-light being the most important.

And apparently-if you get the angles right you can expect a forty percent increase in crop size.

Terry Marshall is involved with Organic growing with the H.D.A in england and has several degrees in the subject.

Quite apart from that the book is well worth reading for its other values and advice- some of which is absolutly amazing- especialy on root growth in pots using a special organic mix- to me there seems to be more roots than compost-it has to be seen to be believed.

( Just edited this post) - I somehow slipped up as I meant to post it in the (greenhouse Forum post at the bottom of the page, Dunno- how it got here ?? must have clicked the wrong subject line.-sorry.
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote