Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10, 2011   #1
KLorentz
Tomatovillian™

Default 2011 Garden

While the future of my tomato and pepper patches is in doubt there will be a garden never the less.Everything else including a few herbs will be planted for this year.

Pumpkins/Winter Squash: This is one of my must plant crops after tomatoes and peppers. I have several to plant this year.Atlantic Giant,Winter Luxury,New England Pie,Dickerson,Australian Butter ,Turner Faimly, Kobacha and a couple others.My sisters kids have fun watching these grow.

Green Beans: The only one I have right now is Jade.This is a fine quality green bean that grows on bush plants and takes about 60 days.

Snap Pea: Lacy Lady 2 A good semi leafless snap pea with a nice sweet flavor and is a dwarf plant which does not need a trellis.Pods are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches.

Cucumbers: County Fair

A few carrots and radishes

Watermelon: Ali baba and Congo.

Cantaloupe: Amish

Other melons are Sweet Freckles and Tiger. Maybe a couple others.

Not sure about corn.What seed I have are a few years old and are an sh2 hybrid So not sure if they are still good.Also there is the issue of preventing a cross with local fields containing Frankencorn (GMO) .

After this everything is up in the air.At least there will be a few goodies out there this year.

Kevin
KLorentz is offline   Reply With Quote