Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8, 2011   #1
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Default #*^# TSVW I'm afraid. Diagnosis help and any options?

I think I may be joining the parade of folks reporting what looks to be TSVW. Never had it before, but it think pics show it. If you would weigh in on the diagnosis, I would appreciate it. What you will see is all in earthtainers and several varieties of tomatoes all heirloom, except one sun gold. The potato leaf ones seem hardest hit. More pics to follow these 10.

I have pulled the damaged foliage since I shot these pics. I have been spraying with a combination of disease remedies including daconil, Serenade, Actinovate, Neem oil, seaweed liquid maxicrop, and excel LG. I had sprayed at about 2 week intervals (too little I guess) and when I noticed the disease 10 days ago or so, I have stepped it all up to about every other day. (too much maybe, but, desperate times)

I have not sprayed specific bug killers, though, Neem has often helped control most of my normal pests in the past. Two asides that I don't think are related, but I may as well mention. One, these plants all took a terrible beating in a major hail storm that was about 3 weeks ago now. Two, this year we seem to have a massive infestation of stink bugs, though I've not seen them on the tomatoes, they may be munching nocturnally and leaving by day...hard to say.

If you confirm that this is TSVW, I'm interested in trying any extreme measures to try to defeat this awful disease. If what I've got here is doomed, the season is cooked as we have hot weather at the door now. Thanks for any suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0400.jpg (31.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0401.jpg (30.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0402.jpg (50.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0404.jpg (48.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0406.jpg (38.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0405.jpg (53.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0407.jpg (35.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0408.jpg (58.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0409.jpg (54.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0410.jpg (48.2 KB, 47 views)
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote