Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3, 2011   #1
4BangR
Tomatovillian™

Default Spots on my leaves...any advice? [Pics included]

Hi all,

I just removed a grocery bag full of leaves from my precious Mountain Princess and Bing organic tomato plants. I'm guessing that they're being attacked by early blight or septoria. I've been reading a lot about tomato diseases, but I'm hoping that Tomatoville can help me get a handle on this.

I sprouted these plants from seed about 7 weeks ago and planted them in the ground about two weeks ago. My wife and I just bought a house this year so this is the first time tomatoes have been grown here. I made the beds about two weeks ago - I pulled up the grass, tilled about a foot deep and added a good bit of bagged garden soil, mushroom compost and peatmoss and mixed everything well. As you can see in the pics, I've employed raised beds and homemade trellises.

Pictures:
- Picture titled 'naked bottoms' shows how my tomatoes look after today's pruning. If a branch had leaves with spots, it was snipped and removed.

- Picture named 'spots on removed limbs' shows what the snipped branches look like (the one pictured is probably the worst looking branch...)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spots on removed limbs.jpg (166.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Naked bottoms.jpg (296.1 KB, 85 views)
4BangR is offline   Reply With Quote