Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 4, 2011   #11
lakelady
Tomatovillian™

Artis, you could be right about fungus gnats, although I never heard of them before. The soil mixes are perlite, pine bark fines, some peat and a bit of potting soil (not garden soil) Its funny because usually I get a few gnats around the bananas on my kitchen counter, and they are all now in the living room near the plants! I thought the mix was well draining, but I could be wrong. I don't water unless they feel on the dry side, but maybe I should repot with more drainage materials. I don't think they get too much light, but it's possible with the grow lights as these two plants are taller than the rest, and the other, low growing dwarfs are doing just fine. the damage is on the lower leaves. I'm a little stumped. I know our new kitten damaged one plant because she likes to swat at it, but she really is more interested in the eggplant I brought into the house to finish ripening ...she's really done a number on that one!

afrance, your plants look beautiful , so healthy !
lakelady is offline   Reply With Quote