Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21, 2011   #1
marvy
Tomatovillian™

Default Brrrrr in CB

Hi Folks

Thank you for your warm welcome, and as requested, here are a few photos of my most humble greenhouse project. After reviewing some that I have seen, wow. I started off with growing local store bought tomato plants and imported some chillie seeds from the UK, and received a rogue tomatoe seed in that bunch, and babied it through it growth process and now its a staple, the heirloom seeds from walmart, suprised me a bit , and there were a mixed bag of blacks, green yellow, pink, which really did well in the greenhouse, so, more of the same for this year, lord willing.
I have the prints for this greenhouse, if anybody would like them, let me know, and managed to get them from the internet, it is really economical to build, definately not fancy, but has survived 4 hurricanes with winds in exess of 120k, 4 noreasters, with about the same wind speeds, a couple of tons of snow, so far so good. The nice thing about this greenhouse, you can extend the length of it if you like, the most costly item on this house was the greenhouse 6 mil plastic, where here in CB you will get stung for it, cost me 185.00. You could buld this for about 300.00 or less, depending on how thrifty you are.
I would certainly like to take this to a higher plateau, and have been milling the idea of a commercial greenhouse, nothing huge, something around 30x70 would be nice, any ideas out there per chance?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0306.jpg (175.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0308.jpg (261.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0309.jpg (275.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0399.JPG (128.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0402.JPG (133.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0405.JPG (122.3 KB, 53 views)
marvy is offline   Reply With Quote