Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2, 2012   #1
dpurdy
Tomatovillian™

Default How to make plant labels from window covering

The other day my wife brought home some plant labels from Lowe's. As I was looking at them, I got an idea on how to make them cheap. Last year my wife redecorated one of the bedrooms and we changed what we had on the windows. She replaced the blinds with curtains. Being one of those people who have a hard time throwing out something that is still in good condition, I remembered that I had put the blinds that she didn't want in the cellar. I went and got the old blinds and noticed that they were very similar in material as the Burpee plant labels that my wife bought me. So I traced the outline of the Burpee label onto the old blind and cut one out. They look and work just like the one's she bought at the store. Here's a picture of what I did to make my labels out of the blinds. Simply trace the outline and cut them out with a pair of scissors. I could get 7 plant labels from one level of the blinds. My wife was able to make me 60 labels in about 20 minutes. If you have an old pair of blinds that are destined for the garbage, this is an opportunity to make something useful for your gardening needs. These blinds are aprox. 1 1/4" wide.
DP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1557.jpg (199.8 KB, 106 views)
dpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote