Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 1, 2012   #1
uno
Tomatovillian™

Default Favorite dwarf sugar snap pea varieties

I have grown sugar snap and super sugar snap peas for a long time and they are great. But I have one big problem with them....they blow over and break no matter what I do it seems. I grow them up a 6 foot+ fence.

So I have been wanting to give dwarf snap peas a try to see if that works out better.

A few years back I tried Cascadia peas. They were organic seeds that were untreated and the mice here ate all of them but one or two plants out of about a pound of pea seeds planted. So I really did not get to try them out.

I never had that problem with the sugar snap peas because they were treated with fungicide so the mice would not eat them.

I garden organically except for the fungicide...it's sort of a necessity.

I have a neighbor close by that lives nearby that lives in a total mess of a place and so there is a rodent problem here and I can't do anything but deal with it I guess.

So finding a dwarf sugar snap pea that also is treated with fungicide would be a big help.

Just wondering what varieties everyone likes?

Thanks

Jim
uno is offline   Reply With Quote