Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

CHOPTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Cincinnati Heirloom Open Pollinated Tomato Associate Growers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18, 2006   #1
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Default Just saying, Howdy

Well, the season has ended for us CHOPTAGers, and I hope everyone had a great one. I did. Now to figure out what to do with about 200 lbs. of green tomatoes. :-) Maybe I'll box them up and drop them off at Brian's one morning around 3 a.m. LOL.

My jalapenos did well so I smoked some today and transfered to the food dryer. Also drying some more dill and have already dried a gallon ziploc of parsley, and a good bit of sage. In the greenhouse I planted 6, ten month old "puny" swiss chard plants. They should be pretty rugged by now. :-)

Also have basil, parsley, and oriential celery in GH along with a Lime Green Salad and something else I can't remember the name of that survived since spring. Going to transplant other herbs into GH.

Next big garden job is to strip concrete wire cages of vines and stack cages within cages. I drive two pieces of re-bar into the dirt, slip one side of cage over one re-bar, other side of cage over other. I can do ten or 12 that way.