Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29, 2013   #1
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Default The rain and sun won't fade this

I got to thinking about putting names on the plants out in the garden. I keep maps and lists, etc. But like everyone else, my plant tags have a habit of getting lost and/or sun/rain fading to the point where you can't read them. Some folks, in other discussions, had talked about things like metal tape that you could write on and essentially embossing the names.

I was looking around the internet and found sets of punches that have the letters and numbers and can be "stamped" on anything metal. So, then I started to think about what kind of metal I could find in good supply for real cheap.

Here's my solution. Full names or abbreviations can be stamped into metal and plastic. With the plastic, you can add a bit of Sharpie and the name stands out a bit more.

On the negative side, it looks to be a time consuming job, but I have a lot of time between now and planting out. On the positive, I think it will survive the weather. And, as a bonus, it gives me a use for those canning lids.

You thoughts???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0006.JPG (127.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0001.JPG (99.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0015.JPG (141.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (94.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0013.JPG (97.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0014.JPG (93.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0016.JPG (120.9 KB, 98 views)
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote