Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 6, 2014   #1
marc_groleau
Tomatovillian™

Default Anyone Want to Grow This Cross?

I grew these F1s last summer. I crossed Cherokee Purple and Pineapple varieties.
I used pollen from CH Purple with Pineapple female and then I also crossed using Pineapple pollen with CH Purple female.
The photo above and two below are the CH Purple pollen donor. They ripened well over a week before the Pineapple pollen donor did.
Other than that, They were perfectly similar in taste (fruity), appearance, size(very large), color and productivity (high).
I can spare 10 seeds per person for a limited number of people. All I ask is that you do attempt to plant and cultivate 2 plants and that you post results. If you get anything real nice or different, it would be nice to get some seeds back.

Below, Pineapple Pollen X CH Purple Female
These ripened later than the CH Purple donor. In fact you can see that I couldn't wait and picked these while not exactly ripe.

Not completely ripe.

Last edited by marc_groleau; February 6, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
marc_groleau is offline   Reply With Quote