Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14, 2014   #1
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Default Winter and early spring crops

Below are some pics I took the other day showing what is left of my winter and early spring crops. This is my Brussels sprouts with the hoop pipes still up that were used to protect them during the coldest days and nights this winter. Off to the left at the top of the photo are some of my ridiculously large spinach and cilantro plants in the next bed but they are about done.
Brussells Sprouts 3-11-14.jpg

This next one shows my carrots with some rutabagas in the back of the bed. We have eaten about half of them. To the left you can see some of my nest onions which have done great with the cold weather this year.
carrots and rutabegas 3-11-14.jpg

This bed has only been planted a couple of weeks and it has a mix of spring plants of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and lettuce.
brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage and lettuce 3-11-14.jpg

This is my Bermuda onions with some spinach and lettuce in the middle.
onions 3-11-14.jpg

I am trying to get the other beds cleaned out and ready for tomatoes, peppers, squash, cucumbers and okra.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote