Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 24, 2014   #11
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Dak,

With regard to Captain Lucky my "work" is simply listening to Frogsleap and others who had grown Captain Lucky (bred by Millard Murdock).

Squash seeds will be available (on the Artisan Seeds website) in a couple weeks, after I have my fields all planted.

We were accepted to The Crowd Funder Show, and we will be presenting our project there. But the "funding" process is different than Kickstarter. We are still learning about it, but in our case folks who back our project will get gift cards equivalent to the amount they contribute -- but the gift cards are redeemed for goods sold by "sponsors" of the show (national retail companies).

However, whatever backing we get will allow us to really devote alot of our production to seed harvest, and we will then sell seeds on our website. The backing will be important, because this year we are not in a position to "front" our farm the money lost if we use a significant amount of our peppers and squash for seed production.

We will probably be able to find someone who can use the flesh of the peppers and squash, but they certainly won't pay what we would get selling whole squash and peppers.

Epsilon,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take them into account when setting up our new project site associated with the show. There is actually a project site very similar to Kickstarter where people look at, and back projects.
Fred Hempel is offline   Reply With Quote