Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17, 2014   #1
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Default Intervals between different sprays

Hi,

As recommended by Raybo in another one of my threads in this forum, I got some "Take Down Garden Spray." I ordered from Amazon and ended up getting "Take Down Garden Spray - RTU" which seems to have the same ingredients as the one mentioned by Raybo, but in slightly different percentages.

At any rate, the instructions say not to use where sulfur spray has been used within the past 21 days. I didn't write it down , but I'm thinking it's been about 2 weeks since I last used a sulfur spray in the garden. I had been under the impression that one needed to wait just 10 days between a sulfur spray and an oil based spray. I'm wondering if maybe the 21 day figure on the Take Down is just to be extra safe and if the 10 day interval between the different sprays is OK. What happens to the plant if the interval between the different sprays is too short?

Also, I'm thinking I may have some other issues that might benefit from Bill's diluted bleach spray. I seem to have something that looks like it could be gray mold, (although the current environmental conditions here don't really seem conducive to gray mold). Any sort of intervals required between bleach and other types of sprays?

Forgetting my particular garden problems for the moment, what are the general rules about spraying different insecticides, fungicides, etc.? In particular, I'm thinking about the combination of sulfur, bleach, neem oil, and Take Down.

I'm thinking about trying out the bleach on one expendable plant with the mold-like symptoms tonight and if that works out OK - use it on the other plants Then wait a couple of days and use the Take Down.... Does that sound reasonable? I'm hoping that the Take Down and bleach, etc. will eliminate the need for the sulfur spray.

In the past, I haven't found too much need for spraying - but this year I seem to be having lots of new problems so I guess I need to get educated on the subject.

Thanks,
Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote