Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 4, 2014   #1
Rairdog
Tomatovillian™

Default My Aquaponics GH

Here are some pics of my deck GH. I use it for starting seeds and some potted plants but mostly for aquaponics. It is framed with galv metal hat channel and ceiling grids scraps (7'x12'). The fish tank is in the basement below.

I got the twinwall poly carb from Menards and have about 300 in the whole GH

Recycled shower door. I replaced glass with polycarb

AP growbeds

Retractable 40% shadecloth. It is suspended from mason string line and snap loops

It will gain up to 50 deg of heat on sunny days and I can open the house windows for supplemental heat. I just built it last summer and had to shut it down for Jan and Feb due to this overly cold winter. I think it will go year round on a normal winter with some supplemental propane heat on colder nights(<20). On sunny 30-50 deg days it will heat the house so I gain some energy. When it gets to warm the shower door pops out and there is a 4x4 window on opposite side.

Here is youtube walk through

Her is a garden walk through. Tomatoes do better in dirt IMO.
Rairdog is offline   Reply With Quote