Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 16, 2014   #1
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Default My Fertigation System For The EarthTainer / EarthBox AWS

Background: I have 35 EarthTainers and 3 EarthBox units to tend. Individual watering was not an option, so adapting the excellent EarthBox Automated Watering System (AWS) was the best investment I've made for the garden 5 years ago.

Now my focus was on an automated Fertigation system to tie in to the AWS. The second best gardening investment has been the EZ Flo (actually, a Father's Day gift from my son in Hydroponics).

Installation was rather easy, in-line with the AWS:

Selecting the optimal flow restrictor was the biggest challenge:

There are 3 flow options, so I did the "Goldilocks thing" and installed the mid-sized washer (not shown, now fitted in the unit) for a 30 gallon per hour rate.

As there are 4 fertilizer settings, getting the ideal ratio will take some time to fine tune:

Right now I am starting off with Big Bloom in the injector:

And I will make the transition to Texas Tomato Food in a subsequent feeding cycle.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote