Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8, 2015   #11
noinwi
Tomatovillian™

Are chiggers the same thing as no-see-ums? I am constantly getting bitten by something I can't see(I'm not crazy!) and it's not fleas. They're small enough to come in through the screens and I assume are attracted to the computer light. Sometimes I get a glimpse of something fly past my face. I feel them biting me on my face and once in a while I'll get a big welt if it's close to my eye. Some nights are worse than others, especially if it's been raining. Most of the bites don't show up right away but usually the next morning I can see clusters of little bites here and there around my waist, under my arms, the usual moist areas. If I'm outside for any length of time I have to wear something that doesn't hang away from my body or I get tons of bites(unless I spray up well). It takes a couple of days for the itching to peak(the bites hurt and itch at the same time)then they heal quickly after that. It goes on pretty much all year around here, but in Wisconsin I got some relief during the winter.
Anyway, just wondering if they're the same thing...or if I really am crazy...
noinwi is offline   Reply With Quote