Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 25, 2007   #1
dwlcrl
Tomatovillian™

Default watermelon hoax?

it was brought to my attention the other day of those who are growing watermelons...
ok here it goes ..
when i was younger i lived in arizona and we had trees that we had on a watering system because if you didnt have them watered enough they would die..
anyways we used to have the wells around built up with blocks and rocks to help support the walls for the water to stay next to the tree to soak in...
2 years we had to go away and went to school in another state we had put watermelons seeds in and hoped when we got back we would have watermelons ready to eat..
well they did grow well but found some of them hallowed out and a few animals had made themselves homes...
but did have one growing up a fence and half of the water melon saged out one side of the chain link fence and the other half was exactly the same size out the other side to make two perfect halves makeing it look like a melon on both sides to form like eyeglasses... tasted fine to me...
ok what brought this up was the idea we were talking about was that they had heard waltdisney was makeing make shift forms to grow their water melons in once they were big enough to go into these forms to continue to grow inside these forms to make perfect shape mickey mouse shaped water melons...
and also square melons... so is this form something that would have to be hard enough to hold the shape and capable of opening the form but does it have to be coated with some thing or?
so it wouldnt ruin the exterior of the melon?
has anyone heard of such a thing?
ok thx david dwlcrl

please leave your input... thx

Last edited by dwlcrl; March 25, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
dwlcrl is offline   Reply With Quote