Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 4, 2007   #1
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Default Fresh From the Garden on DIY Network is back

I've been patiently (and then impatiently) waiting to see if Fresh From the Garden with Joe Lamp'l would be coming back to DIY Network.

I am happy to say it's back on, and the introduction to the 2004 season opener will be airing at these times: April 6 at 5am EDT and April 9 at 2:30am EDT. The tomatoes episode will air April 11 and again May 30, both at 5 am EDT. I'm not sure why they waited so long to air these episodes, especially since the episodes explaining how to grow cool-weather crops probably won't air until mid-summer. I'd record them to DVD and they'll be ready to watch again in January when we're all huddled up with blankets and hot chocolate.

Joe is very good about explaining things and throwing tips in. What gets me every time is how he finishes nearly every sentence with a smile, even ones when he is talking about all your plants being wiped out by fungus or insect plague.

Also, Fresh from the Orchard is back, with the Strawberries episode airing at 5am EDT tomorrow morning (4/5/2007) and the Blackberries and Raspberries episodes airing the following Thursday mornings.

Again, I cannot imagine keeping up with these shows without a TiVo or other DVR.

I intend to record both of them to DVDs so I have them.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote