Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 7, 2007   #10
dcarch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancolgirl View Post
Question: Do you have a dummies version of what you've done? I look at it and still can't figure out how you got to the final stage or maybe I'm just tired. --------.
The roof panels and the side panels are secured to the stone wall, on the three support frames, and by the raised bed using only Velcro taps and clear packing tape. The four front panels are hinged to the roof panels using clear packing tape so that I can open them anytime to get to the plants.

When the weather gets warmer, sometime in May, and the plants get to be very tall, then it's time to remove the entire greenhouse.

Removal is easy. I will just peel off the packing tapes and Velcro taps and all the panels will detach and be stacked and stored away. The entire GH will be re-installed again for winter season growing.

I expect the packing tapes will deteriorate by UV by that time anyway.

The three support frames are secured by six screws top and six at the bottom and can be unscrewed easily.

In our zone 6/7 it doesn't get too much snow and too cold around this time of the year. In your area you probably will need thicker poly-panels. Last night it got to be 26 degrees F outside, and inside the GH it was 38 degrees F. and the plants are doing fine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

dcarch
dcarch is offline   Reply With Quote