Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for the various methods and structures used for getting an early start on your growing season, extending it for several weeks or even year 'round.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 10, 2016   #1
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Default Transistioning seedlings to the GH

Well today was moving day for my tomato seedlings. They didn't seem to mind. For the most part I have 3 seedlings per 4 inch pot. It doesn't look like it, but there is roughly 140 seedlings in the first picture.

I also managed to transplant 15 seedlings into their permanent home. This year im using 7 gallon grow bags. I specifally searched out white bags to help reflect the heat. Last year I used 5 gallon bags with pretty good success. I think the 7 gallon should do even better.

Unfortunately these 15 plants will for now be mystery 'maters. When I originally moved the seedlings into the 4 inch pot a few weeks back, I got sidetracked. I forgot to label the transplants, then several days later I realized it. My best guess in order of likeliness - A. Big Beef, B. Better Boy, C. Celebrity.

Oh well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160310_162915.jpg (478.7 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg 20160310_162942.jpg (374.3 KB, 195 views)
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote