Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 20, 2016   #11
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ron, Well I am glad to hear that you do not have Fungus Gnats. They can cause problems. It sounds like you have Fruit Flies which are much easier to control.

If you wish to put #1 in water then go right ahead. It just can't do much more harm and I see that you have nothing to lose. At this point I haven't much hope for it but maybe it will work.

Not only are your lower leaves turning yellow on #2, so is the one above it. Clip both of them off. Give this plant a mild dose of Seaso. Can you purchase Daconil which is a fungicide over there? I know absolutely nothing about this product, but I ran across this and thought of you. It is made in New Zealand, it is called Nuron-BioSafe. It might be something for you to consider but you would have to learn more about it before trying it out on young cuttings. I am thinking of using the bleach spray on these, but I think that these are just too young for that still.

I am not the best person to be helping you with diseases. I have been lucky so far and have not had to deal with very many infections. Perhaps you should ask for help in the Pest & Disease section. Perhaps someone will chime in and lend you a hand here.

Poor, pitiful #3. Yes, that is the main stem that you are showing. I was debating about what to do with this one the last time that I saw it. There is no question that it is going to lose both leafs. I would cut off the lower one. The upper one is just too close to your new growth to remove. I would allow the plant to abort it on it's own and then remove it when it has dried up. I just so not know if this one will make it.....

Please remember to clean your cutting tool between each and every cut that you make. You could use alcohol or bleach on it as insurance.

I think that I would remove all three of these troubled ones from your growing chamber, if possible, so that you do not infect your healthy plants. I do not know for sure that they are diseased, but I wouldn't want to take the chance. These may just be suffering while they are trying to root. Remember to wash your hands between touching healthy and sickly plants.

If you do remove the plants and put them in a window or some place else, then you can go right ahead and give your other plants the light that they need.

Keep me posted ~ Patti