Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating fruit-bearing plants, trees, flowers and ornamental plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19, 2016   #1
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Default Strawberry advice needed..

Hello gardening experts,

Needing you advice regarding how to most sucesfully plant a strawberry seedling into a container - I found a seedling today and it's on my balcony in the shade to recover from the supermarket conditions.
Having read some info in the internet about strawberries and the threads here, the advice given seems very conflicting: other sites say strawberries need lots of water, others have experienced the opposite to be true..
Would it be best to let the seedling sit in its little pot a few days to get used to my warm balcony, to minimize the stress, or should I re-pot it ASAP?

And no, please do not tell me to contact my local gardening center and find out info there, there is not much help to be attainded that way This is a new varity from a Dutch company and it was sold in our Pan-European supermarket chain ..
Even though it did not cost much (strawberry seedlings usually do), I want to make the most of it and get some berries too.

Last winter killed our strawberry bushes that were on the ground (that happened to many gardeners due to the minimal snow), so I am trying to get some fruits in a container conditions. Hopefully it's live and thrive in my hot micro-climate.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote