Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 22, 2016   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by korney19 View Post
I, as well as my friend in EUR, believe that guy in post 47 is cheatin' with his right hand! She said he has more than one cluster in his right hand! LOL

By the way, why aren't any of his maters ripe? Was it an early frost harvest? A really late last frosr?
Mark, what the elderly man is holding is a de Colgar type and they are used for storage after being harvested half ripe. They are hung from rafters in a cool place and do ripen up over time. Ilex had showed pictures of same but right now I have no time to find those pictures.

The short name for the one being shown is Ribera,it's quite rare, and I'm glad Ilex was able to send me seeds for it, and it's out for seed production this summer by my now 7 seed producers and should appear in my next seed offer and two plants of it are being grown here at home for me, of the 17, but not for major seed production.

Carolyn