Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11, 2016   #1
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Default Baggy Method?

I had fermented and saved bunches of tomatoes to give away and for the MMM swap. Normally to test germination rates I will replant some seeds. This time I decided to try the baggy method. The one where you put the seed on paper towel and put in a baggy. First time trying it and oh boy oh boy!

Now I have oodles of little seedlings everywhere in these baggies and they have tiny first leaves of them. They not as large as what I get when starting in soil, but they have leaves and long roots on them.

The ones I enjoyed the flavor of, can I plant in some soil and will they grow good even if first leaves are teeny tiny? Do they do good or can I expect problems trying to transplant them since they have leaves and not just tap roots? I got busy and forgot to check on them.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote