Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23, 2016   #1
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Seed Saving Jars

I know there are many posts and threads about seed saving jars, but I didn't find any. So here's another thread:

Last year, I used pint sized Kerr jars because we had them waiting to be used. The problem was that it took a lot of tomatoes to get enough juice. By the time I had enough juice, there were enough cherry tomato seeds to share with 50 or more people

So I started using donor tomatoes for juice, and that works if you're growing a lot of tomatoes.

Then I found the right size jars. I now use olive jars. The kind that has the pimento stuffed in them. They are tall and narrow and they work.

Smaller Picante sauce jars work too, and so do the Wyler's bouillon cube jars. I would imagine half-pint canning jars would work as well, but I don't have any of them to try it out.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote