Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 28, 2007   #1
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Default Your favorite place to buy seed potatoes

While reading through all the threads over the last couple of weeks I did notice links to a couple of places to buy seed potatoes from. Unfortunately, I did not write them down. I was about to scan through the threads again but decided it might be helpful to others as well if there was a specific thread on this. Perhaps some of you who have favorite places to buy your seed potatoes from can suggest a few good places to buy from next spring.

Seed Savers Exchange did have 16 varieties to choose from in their seed catalog. Obviously it's too late to buy them now, but I did see three I might be interested in buying in '08, German Butterball, La Ratte & Purple Viking.

I see La Ratte was $13.50 for a 2 1/2 lb. bag, and the other 2 were $9.50. I'm wondering why La Ratte commands $4 more. Is it that much better? Or just in higher demand? Interesting....

Suggestions for other on-line seed potato companies would be appreciated. I'd like to read up on some of the other varieties. Thanks.

Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote