Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20, 2017   #11
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
I don't even know man. It depends on if customers are even able to wrap their heads around it. If so I figure I sell each for 3$ - 3 plants =9$ + time + wow factor = maybe 15 or 20$? I'm just going to try to do a few and see how it goes. I feel like if it was in a store it would be $20 or more but until the demand is there its hard to say. Also I will have to keep one for myself of course!

I did that with up to three different scions on one plant but usually when I did three one of them would fail so I ended up with two. Since I am strictly a single stem grower after the success of the last two years I don't think I'll be doing that any more but it was fun to show the plants off in the garden. The coolest looking one had a two potato leaf plants one red and one gold and one regular leaf black tomato. That was one wierd looking plant. I should have also done one with a wispy leafed heart mixed with two others but I quit doing that kind of grafting before I got around to it.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote