Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6, 2007   #1
obispo45
Tomatovillian™

Default Pleasantly Surprised I Guess

I seldom get all worked up and excited when the wave of seed catalogs begin arriving right after the holiday season...usually that starts happening when the SSE Yearbook comes along a month later or so. No matter. This particular pepper caught my eye a while back but hadn't grown it until this season. Its a hybrid named Mavras.

Usually I take the descriptions in any catalog(particularly the commercial ones) with a grain of salt so to speak. Mavras is offered by Totally Tomatoes(maybe others, don't know) and it was advertised as being the darkest bell available and early. Here is a pic or two of Mavras next to another nice hybrid pepper... the very purple Tequila. Fairly impressed. Yield thus far is a little behind other varieties but it sure looks nice IMO. Tastes pretty darn good too. Not bad, a decent size funky bell right after 7/4 in chilly Minnesota. OK, done patting myself on the back!!! LOL. Cheers everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mavras 004.jpg (131.3 KB, 39 views)
obispo45 is offline   Reply With Quote