Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23, 2018   #11
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Here is the difference between the MG Perlite I got at Walmart for $5 (Left side of picture 1). On the right side is the Therm-O-Rock Chunky Perlite. What a difference.

The second picture is the mix of MG Nature's care that I posted the recipe I used on post #49 here. I emptied the covered buckets into a contractor's wheelbarrow, and yes, it was just as wet as when I put it in there. I added a lot more perlite and a couple of gloved double handfuls of 10-10-10 fertilizer. I also had a little bit of the mix left over. Mixed it all very well. Drilled holes near the bottom of the buckets and filled up 5 five gallon buckets packed hard. (There was only 4 five gallon buckets before I amended the recipe today.) I will have to not put plastic on top - otherwise, the mix is going to stay too wet, and it still might?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01276.JPG (180.2 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01277.JPG (187.1 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by AlittleSalt; April 23, 2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Details
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote