Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25, 2018   #1
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Default A Cajun Cooks

I thought I'd start a new thread to add all of the things I cook that doesn't fit in the "cheap eatin" thread and also keep all the recipes/dishes in one place.

Everyone is welcome to share your dishes to this thread. It doesn't have to be a Cajun, I'll eat almost anything once!!!

I cooked this last night and it came out great, it's easy to cook and everything is available almost anywhere.

"Shrimp, sausage & chicken Creole"

Ingredients:
1/2 lb chicken diced
1 lb deveined shrimps
2 links good smoked sausage, I used my homemade sausage that's more like andouille
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup each of celery and bell pepper
2 cloves garlic minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 stick of butter

Seasonings:
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp Cavenders seasoning=it's Greek seasoning, Italian seasoning blend will work
1 tsp of your favorite Cajun seasoning
1 tbs dried parsley

Directions:
Melt butter on medium heat then saute the onions, bells and celery for 5 minutes till soft, add the garlic and cook an additional 5 minutes, stir so nothing burns
Turn up heat to medium high add the diced tomatoes and juice, cook for 5 minutes. I add 1 tsp of suger and a 1/4 tsp of baking soda to reduce the acid in the tomatoes=your choice.
Add all the seasonings and cook for 5 minutes stirring to blend all those flavors, the house should smell awesome at this time
Add the tomato sauce, sausage, chicken and let cook for 15 minutes.
Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning to what you like.
Add shrimp and simmer for 5-8 minutes

Serve over rice and enjoy!