Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 18, 2019   #11
lubadub
Tomatovillian™

Attention all giant tomato growers! Soon it will be time to germinate some seeds for the next summer outdoor/greenhouse growing season. Some may be in the winter growing contest now. But, we all know, this is treading water while waiting for the summer sun to come. What seeds to grow? What to do differently? Will this be a really good weather year? Any new tactics regarding fertilizing, watering, pruning, supporting, or protecting your tomatoes? Biscuit is here in this forum and I am certain he will share with you some of his thoughts. And, for the last two years he has been leading the way. I know most of the questions, but, he seems to know most all of the answers. My big change this year will be trying to grow organically while at the same time attempting to balance the nutrients in my soil using the advice of Solomon, Astera, McKibbin and, of course, the reigning world champion Biscuitridge, who you now have access to. Anyone have experience with aerated compost tea, foliar feeding, brix readings, soil conductivity or plant tissue analysis or if these are of any real value? Soon the rubber will hit the road and we will be working our patches while seeking "the big one."