Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 23, 2007   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Vehza

.......is what Jeanne wrote for that variety which she said was an early.

First, it's my fault that Sandhill spelled it that way b'c from time to time I'd spell it that way myself and I'm the one who sent it to Sandhill.

But the correct spelling is Vezha, not Vehza.

In the 2007 SSE Yearbook both Andrey and I spell it correctly as Vezha.

Jeanne, I'm really surprised it's an early for you since it's a late midseason ( 75-80 days) for Andrey and myself as well as Bill Minkey who also listed it, seeds from me. My seeds were from Earl who got Vezha from Andrey.

So this AM I wrote to Linda at Sandhill and asked her if she could correct the spelling in the next Yearbook, on their website and in the catalog. I know she's close to sending in that catalog copy but I hope I got to her in time. And I know that Joanne at SSE is still entering data for the 2008 Yearbook so maybe Linda can correct it there as well where Glenn lists it as Vehza, not Vezha.

Sheesh, if things like this were all I had to worry about life would be grand. But I wanted to correct my own error so that the misspelling of Vehza didn't get perpetuated when the correct spelling is really Vezha.

This is a Public Service announcement brought to you by the original perp who misspelled it.