Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 30, 2007   #9
Colorado_west
Tomatovillian™

Good old days are gone. I use to go around the corner to the greenhouse and plants were 5 cents each. Bare roots. real good plants. (He died and the greenhouse disappeared.) He had wooden crates and just grab them out.

I see one of the catalogs had only $3 shipping for whatever you buy. But does not have peas or beans over that of packages. Baker Creek Pinetree more shipping and lower prices. What I do is go to the local seed house and buy in bulk what I can. I can get my seed there much cheaper usually. Rest I do have to order. I am lucky to be near enough to a seed house. BUT seeds are not cheap any more. Postage is terrible. I will save seed for everything I can. I will cut my seed cost what I can that way and buy what I need. I say things about the cost too. I grow my plants to save and get what I want. I have learned to make paper pots as I really do not like peat pots. Use for cukes and melons.
Colorado_west is offline   Reply With Quote