Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old January 19, 2010   #1
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

FTR - I am a real fan of Del-Mar too. This is a real nice tomato I'm going again b/c it was in a growbag & got overshadowed by some monster blacks in raised beds. The tomatoes were smaller than Chesapeake - which could have been positioning but had no disease even though Black Krim got some sort of black fungus from the bottom up & Lucky Cross got some sort of canker where I pruned the bottom leaves (not so lucky for me LOL). Had a nice balanced flavor - I like a tomato that isn't sour but tangy & sweet at the same time.
Greater Baltimore was another totally acceptable red-orange I'll do again.
Sunray was as good as my Earl of Edgecombs - I loved the flavor, color, shape of the innards, everything. Into a raised bed this year.
My Scarab I kept (shouldn't have shared so many ) got decapitated - it was awful. So with fond teenage memories of the Timonium racetrack, I'll grow again.
DH (the devout Jersey tomato fan) had to acknowledge the goodness of these varities - & that's saying something!