Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 1, 2006   #1
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Default The best growing room in the world-if you can afford it?

I came accross this marvelous grow room for sale, which seems to offer everything one could possibly hope for in seed germination and growing on the seedlings to transplant size, if you can afford it ( I cant unfortunatly ) but wish I could.

It is available from www.exhibition-seeds.co.uk and if you scroll down the on line catalogue until you see grow cabinates and grow lights, you will see it, its over a thousand US $ Dollars, but what a beauty to own and it would fit nicely into a garage corner or somewhere, completly self contained and enviroment controlled.
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2006   #2
mms
Tomatovillian™

Wow! That is nice, at only $1795.50 each I'll take three. I'd hate to imagine what shipping would to the US as well.

All kidding aside it is indeed very nice, and would be very handy tucked away in the corner of my garage.

I had a little trouble finding it in the catalog, this address should take anyone else interested straight to it.

http://www.exhibition-seeds.co.uk/ac...row_rooms.html

MMS

I am a man,
but I can change,
if I have to....

I guess.
mms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2006   #3
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Thanks MMS, I am not very good with doing links, but yours works perfect.

Its a pity that little beauties like this have to be so expensive- then we could all afford one including me.
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2006   #4
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

Very nice! Although, I think if I had $1,795.50 laying around I'd put it towards a greenhouse. 8)
chilhuacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2006   #5
gardenmama
Tomatovillian™

That's $1,795.50 for ONE flat! I'd need 12!! Now the $100 investment for making a 12 flat PVC and shoplight grow light stand is looking very reasonable. Maybe DH will take me out for dinner with the savings. Guess what honey-- I saved $21,446.00 (not including international shipping) by making it myself.
Old April 2, 2006   #6
timcunningham
Tomatovillian™

Reading the description, I have a feeling that a this "lockable" cabinent, that filters odors, is probably more used for a particularly popular "herb" than for onions and tomatoes.
Old April 5, 2006   #7
snappybob
SETTFest™ Coordinator

I think your right Tim. Finally a vegatable grow system that's discreet. Wouldn't want the neighbors to know that I'm growing tomato seedlings.
snappybob is offline   Reply With Quote