Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 6, 2014   #31
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi again Bill,

In a recent post (on another thread I think), Dar mentioned that Amelia was a determinate - which I hadn't realized before. I was wondering if you noticed this affecting the growth or stature of your scions?

Thanks,
Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2014   #32
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Anne, I didn't have that many successful grafts set out with Amelia rootstock last year to be sure. I did notice some increased vegetative growth with them but not as much as with Multifort. I'm hoping to have more examples to study this year but with my grafting failure rate there is no telling which rootstock will give me the most plants to actually put out in the garden and trial. I was going to start my first seed last week but the hard freeze that just hit us caused me to delay since my greenhouse has no heat. Hopefully I can get started later this week or early next week.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2014   #33
macbettz
Tomatovillian™

I read that Solar Fire was mentioned in this thread. I tried a couple plants last year and they did horribly.
macbettz is offline   Reply With Quote