Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old August 20, 2012   #16
HiPoha
Tomatovillian™

You guys got me planting them too. I was wondering how many peppers ripen at a time on a mature plant. The seed packet says it is prolific , that I got to see for myself. My previous pepper plants of a different variety only gave me a couple of bell peppers before dying off.
HiPoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2012   #17
NGGrant
Tomatovillian™

I have gotten two batches off my shish!tos so far, so I've gotten maybe 15-30 peppers per plant this summer. I imagine I will get at least one more crop. It takes about two weeks in between batches. They are more The most prolific pepper I've ever grown.
Old August 20, 2012   #18
HiPoha
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Grant. I'll pamper these pepper plants to make sure they grow. Hopefully I should see a bounty of peppers that I can share with my folks.
HiPoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2012   #19
NGGrant
Tomatovillian™

I ate a batch last night, the best part is when you get one with a little heat in it. You should have no problem growing them in that awesome soil you have in Hawaii.
Old August 20, 2012   #20
peebee
Tomatovillian™

I grow at least 4 plants, for my shrinking family of 3, cuz the peppers are tiny and even tho prolific, you need so many to cook with.
peebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2012   #21
NGGrant
Tomatovillian™

I have 6 plants, next year I'll do 12. That's just for me and my wife. I am so addicted I have been buying from a farm nearby to suppliment, meanwhile all the jalepenos are getting old.

Anybody ever save seeds from these? Ever get any crosses? Mine are growing close to Jalepeno, Santa Fe Grand and garden salsa hybrid. I would love to get a mildly spicy shish!to.
Old July 9, 2014   #22
luigiwu
Tomatovillian™

I am so thankful for reading about Shish!tos on here!! First year growing them and we are LOVING them! They are sooo good grilled! I'm regretting having given away 2 of my 6 plants - 4 plants are not enough for 2 hungry addicts!
luigiwu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
padron , shish*to