Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Old March 16, 2015   #1
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Starlight -- yeah, interested, will PM you! Do you know if you've got a particular variety of it? Victory seeds for example lists both Texas Cream 12 and Texas Cream 40 -- http://www.victoryseeds.com/Pea-Southern_c_368-2-3.html
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2015   #2
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Hmm, reading Victory Seeds' entry on Zipper Cream just now, they have this note: "'Zipper Cream' peas have a reputation for not tolerating damp soil." Maybe that explains the poor germ I had with last year's garden crop? They were at the wetter end of the patch...
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2015   #3
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
Starlight -- yeah, interested, will PM you! Do you know if you've got a particular variety of it? Victory seeds for example lists both Texas Cream 12 and Texas Cream 40 -- http://www.victoryseeds.com/Pea-Southern_c_368-2-3.html
Ken.. I have the Texas Cream 40.

I didn't even realize there was a 12. I looked through my peas seeds to see if I had something really different, but I don't as my two main peas are old heirlooms. One is a Heirloom Purple Hull Pea that came from Mississippi and is seed from the first Purple Hull that came out and mine has been passed down from a Native American Tribe who has kept it from being crossed with other peas that they shared with me, and the same goes for the Heirloom White Acre Pea I have.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote