Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 28, 2015   #31
JamesL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Does anyone ever make (or wish to admit to) making little English muffin pizzas? I'll confess only if someone else does. Oh wait, I just did. Oops.
That takes me back! I did this all the time as a kid. English muffin, canned sauce, dehydrated onions and American cheese!

I can get a good NY style pie delivered these days. Becomes a great pie with some fresh tomatoes added.
JamesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2015   #32
mcool61
Tomatovillian™

I put fresh tomato slices on pizza then sprinkle fresh basil, minced garlic & onion & drizzle with olive oil. Then I put the pizza in the oven for 10 min with the broiler element on to slightly roast the tomatoes. Then I add the cheese & other ingredients & finish baking. (homemade sauce is under the tomato slices)
mcool61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2015   #33
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

You guys made me think of something I haven't had in a coons age and I am going to have it tonight.

Hot Wings with blue cheese to dip them in with celery and carrots.

If I plant the celery and carrot seeds now and fertilize them with Atomic Grow they should be ready to pick by the time I get back from the store.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2015   #34
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Okay, that's just funny. We just ate boneless hot wings. We used two different brands of sauce. Frank's on half and Louisiana Hot Sauce on the other half. And made enough to feed four more people.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2015   #35
taboule
Tomatovillian™

>>> Does anyone ever make (or wish to admit to) making little English muffin pizzas?

Not English muffins, but French bread (for thick crust) or Pita bread (for thin crust), for many years growing up.

I just remembered one favorite topping I always ordered wen we used to go out for group lunches during work: crumbled Linguica, at the Town Spa Pizza (Stoughton, MA). Almost every friday, 2-hour lunches with multiple rounds of beer pitchers, back in the mid-90s. Those were the days.
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote