Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 6, 2015   #16
Aerial
Tomatovillian™

Everyone I know over 50 has a huge pile of drugs for daily intake. A few who refused the drugs or secretly 'missed' a few daily dosage have since suffered minor strokes from HBP.

Worth, what's your dietary recommendation? Many books with 'miracle diet cures' out there are simply impossible to follow. Salad, salad, salad, salad, salad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I just heard a doctor on the news today talk about all of the bad side effects of cholesterol lowering drugs.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Everyone I know over 50 has a huge pile of drugs for daily intake. A few who refused the drugs or secretly 'missed' a few daily dosage have since suffered minor strokes from HBP.

Worth, what's your dietary recommendation? Many books with 'miracle diet cures' out there are simply impossible to follow. Salad, salad, salad, salad, salad...
Lord I have no idea right now I am eating carrots because I am too lazy to wash dishes and cook.
Later I might have a pastrami sandwich.

On average I drink two strong cups of coffee a day each with two teaspoons of sugar, it use to be three teaspoons but I cut back.
I drink a ton of water all day long and sometimes but not always I have two beers at night before I go to bed.

I honestly think that what has kept me off the pills is my diet.
In my 20's my wife and I knew things about the tupes of food like chrico and other stuff that could kill you.
We always used olive oil and peanut oil.
My lunch for work was a can of spinach a can of peaches and a container of cottage cheese.
Some times it would be beets or something.
Sometimes we would heat up canned stew or chili on the exhaust manifold of the oil rig we worked on.
Other times we would build a fire and eat steaks.
I have never been on a diet so therefore I have never felt guilty for falling off of it and eating in my sorrow.
I have ate a homemade hamburger for dinner the last four days and I dont feel the least bit guilty about it.
Cooking at home is a very good way to eat healthy.
Like I said before you know what is in your food and you can control it.
You also have to get up off you tail to do it and even this is exercise.
This doesn't mean you can cook greasy food all of the time and get away with it.
My philosophy in life is to be healthy for the most part of it and take care of yourself.
Then when you get old take up smoking drinking chasing the opposite sex eating like a pig and live life to its fullest.

A very good friend of mine retired in his 70's they called him back to work and was going to pay him a ton of money.
He said he couldn't pass the drug test because he took up smoking weed and didn't want to work or needed the money
Good for him I say he is doing what he wants to do smoking weed and working on his sail boat.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015   #18
Deborah
Riding The Crazy Train Again

My latest elderly patient refused to eat and drink enough and in the end I was giving her Ensure and Pedialite by syringe. It took about three dreadful months for her to die. I learned then that it doesn't matter so much what is eaten-just eat ! EAT !
"The righteous one cares for the needs of his animal". Proverbs 12:10
Deborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6, 2015   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
My latest elderly patient refused to eat and drink enough and in the end I was giving her Ensure and Pedialite by syringe. It took about three dreadful months for her to die. I learned then that it doesn't matter so much what is eaten-just eat ! EAT !
Deborah I was giving my wife walnut oil to keep her alive towards the end.

Worth
Old December 6, 2015   #20
Deborah

The nurses told me over and over that I wasn't prolonging life, I was prolonging death. I see now that they were right. I just couldn't give up. I loved her.
Old December 6, 2015   #21
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
The nurses told me over and over that I wasn't prolonging life, I was prolonging death. I see now that they were right. I just couldn't give up. I loved her.
My wife's choice she fought until the very end simply because she refused to except that there was nothing else they could do.
Every time I would bring up getting things in order she would explode.
This left me in a very bad way with finances and stuff.
Not that I didn't have the money I just couldn't get to it.

Worth
Old December 6, 2015   #22
Deborah

It was the medication-she wasn't herself. The good news is, she and Joyce are having a good cup of heavenly coffee and talking about how great we are !