Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 11, 2016   #1
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

I doubt raising the CO2 would do anything for the infestation.

If you can collect lady bugs locally (I often see them on trees with aphid problems), Tracydr's suggestion might be a great non-toxic solution.

Perhaps one of our other EU members can add suggestions that better match the availability of materials in your area.

Good luck!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2016   #2
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaGardener View Post
I doubt raising the CO2 would do anything for the infestation.

If you can collect lady bugs locally (I often see them on trees with aphid problems), Tracydr's suggestion might be a great non-toxic solution.

Perhaps one of our other EU members can add suggestions that better match the availability of materials in your area.

Good luck!
Thanks,I just found out that the CO2 levels need to be over 60% for up to 4 weeks,so I think I will cross that one off my list.

I found a bio-pesticide that seems to be avaliable in my area,it is based on a fungus beauveria bassiana.This particular strain is ATC 74040.Would this work?

Damage caused by aculus lycopersici:

Most of the plants from these 2 rows only made it to the 1st fruit truss,everything above was completely destroyed.This is after the removal of leaves that were completely dried up.I burned them just to be sure.

Last edited by StrongPlant; July 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote